Sunday, February 13, 2011

I tried...

So, I atempted making my first pillow. I think it's very cute, but who doesn't like the stuff they make!


 I found one of those fabric swatches from JoAnn's that was being discontinued and was clearanced out for two dollars! It reminded me of these from Pottery Barn.

I decided to use a silk material for the back side of the pillow because I liked the natural grain sack look with the sophisticated silk.


This is my 'first' sewing project in which I actually measured, pinned and ironed. Shocking, I know! Being my first, I sewed the first to seams backwards. UGH! I had to rip the seam out and start over again. But it came out so cute!!



Yes, Yes, I know, the pillow insert is not supposed to show. *sigh* next time I will add to the measurements to compensate for the pillows fullness. But, it is the back of the pillow, and no one will see it!


So it will sit on my couch looking all cute and Pottery Barnish. Now he needs some buddies!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment