Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Andy's Room

My middle son, Andrew is a Toy Story fanatic! So, I thought it would be fun to give him Andy's room from Toy Story.
The room itself took me a while to find all the accessories, I was not in a hurry, so I made sure to find things that I really wanted.I was going for a cowboy style room with Toy Story accents. And I think I achieved it! Now keep in mind, I live in military housing, white walls, and cheap yellowing laminate flooring. Which complements no decor. So I do the best with my canvas.


TADA!!!

Here is the view from the doorway. The bedding is Madras from Pottery Barn Kids.The sheets, which where a nice complimenting green for Buzz Lightyear I got from Burlington. And the Blue velour blanket is from Target. Makes a very boyish bed that makes a momma smile.


Here is the window and shelves. Andrew's window is a tricky one. If you have no curtains up there is too much sun, if you put up curtains it is too dark. So I thought this would be a clever solution that gives the window a saloon effect.


This is the left side of the window. The jar is going to be filled with bouncy balls, once I find all of them laying around my house. They turn up in the strangest places, that's for sure. If I find a cute 'A' I will pick it up, So this is an ongoing collection.  Champ is the nickname silly daddy wanted to call Andrew. Maybe one day.


Here is the right side shelf. This shelf took a while to collect for. The super size army men are my favorite! But maybe I'm partial to an army man. The eight ball, the barrel of monkeys, the letter blocks, and the Buzz Lightyear (which is also a transformer!) all came from the thrift store.

The reading area. I want to get some cool letters and spell out the word 'READ' but that's a project for another day. The cushions, I found at Goodwill, are bright pink and they still had the tags on them! SCORE! The cushion covers and the book shelf both from the thrift store here on post, both from Ikea! DOUBLE SCORE!


Here is the toy area. Toys are so hard to keep clean, I have yet to find the perfect system. But for now bins are going to have to do.


The first time we went to Disney World Andrew met king Louie, and I got the cutest picture of King Louie holding Andrew like a baby ape. I just had to put this in his room.


Nightstand area.
Andy's hat.


And here is the surprise!!
I think he likes it!


And so does Kailey!






I think I have on happy little boy!! A labor of love, and he was worth it all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. A really fun idea, really well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, how wonderful! Such a happy face!
    great job with the room mom!
    gail

    ReplyDelete