Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All You Need is LOVE

Here we go! This is my first blog on decorating. Now, I am by no means an expert, but I love, love, love to decorate! And this year Valentines Day is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays to gussy my house up for! I am quiet the scatter brained decorator. I will start on a project and think of something and switch to another project. So the fact that I finished all this is so exciting for me!!! My theme was immortal love, black and reds. Of course the idea came from Twilight. The perfect inspiration!

I don't have a fireplace, so I don't have a mantel, but I found this cutie of a shelf at TJMaxx for 12 bucks and couldn't pass him up! So for now, he serves as my 'faux' mantel.


I know, it is a new year and a new year means a new color trend, BUT I still super love the turquoise!! And the Ball jars are so much fun to decorate with.


I found the cute plate/bowl thing at TJMaxx for 3 bucks! And knew it would be perfect with vinyl in the center. I used my Cricut and cut a 14. SUPER CUTE! The frame I painted black and hot glued heart scatters from the Target Dollar Spot in rows, crooked, but everything I do leans to one side.
.

I filled the Ball jar with a broken branch that I spray painted white. Try explaining that to your husband! I love all things sparkly, so I painted the 'X' 'O' black and then Modge Podged red sparkles on, FABULOUS!


I stole some cards from the kids deck. The Ace, King, Queen and genie (as Kailey calls it), of hearts. I embellished each card with the words and Valentine's rub ons.


This is my entry table/dresser. Another place to collect clutter, but right now, it is all pretty and Valentiney.


I found the planter/vase thingy at JoAnn's for 2.97 and painted it black. I used 9 roses and shoved them in the "Martha Style" I SUPER love it! I used part of the rose stems that I had clipped off for perches for my little birdies. My Andrew has named them Rose, and Cherry. I am not sure which is which, but he loves to feed them. I found the clip on birds at Target. They were Christmas ornaments with blueish feathers, I ripped those right on out and replaced them with black and red feathers. I don't know if you noticed, but I have a chess pawn. hehe. That's my little touch of Twilight, My immortal love theme!


The old window in the back I got at a garage sale for 3 bucks! I was going to strip it and paint it, but it has so much character I just left it. It speaks volumes on it's own.

And no decor is complete with out more birdies! I made the felt rose ball, it was easy, kinda. I did receive a glue gun burn on my arm, but it's all in the name of cuteness.

Thanks for reading my first decor blog! And thanks for stopping

I am linking up to this party:

Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment