Friday, February 11, 2011

Desk - Chair - Lamp ReDo!

This project took me about, hmmmm.... 7 months to complete. Not because it was hard, oh no, because I'm lazy. I started out with this BLUE, oh so very BLUE desk from Goodwill for 12.99 and 25% off (military discount!)






She's awful I know, but I have big plans for her! I stripped the blue paint off. and underneath is was a mallard duck... yes, that is what I thought. So I stripped it again, and again. There was lots and lots of paint on this thing!  Finally I painted her black. I get most of my paint from our Environmental Center. It's where people who are moving drop off their paint, and anyone can go in and borrow anything they have. It's a great place to shop if you only have one project in mind.

Before I show you the desk I am going to show you my chair.


I love the curves. But the colors where to blah! So the chair pad came off and it was painted black.


There is Rachel helping me paint! Representing the Engineer Corps. ESSAYONS! Thanks for being so awesome Rachel!


Here is my pretty fabric . Something about Damask just makes me smile!

Then there is the lamp.


Like I said before. I love curves, and sitting on the goodwill shelf he was calling my name! I bought the black lamp shade at Target. I thought it looked very plane, it was cute, but definitely needed something. So I whipped up some rosettes from fabric I had left over from the chair.

Here it is, looking all cute just sitting in my house!












I chose silver knobs from Lowe's I didn't want something that was too distracting, and these are easy on the eyes.


I really like the way it turned out and enjoy sharing with you!




1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy! it all looks great. Stripping is not fun, is it?
    gail

    ReplyDelete